Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tuesdays at the Castle

10508431I was planning on waiting until I read the next two books in this series before writing about it, but I just couldn't wait.  I just finished Tuesdays at the Castle and loved it so much.  I wanted to share it immediately.  It was such a delight.  I kept being surprised by how much I was enjoying it, although I don't know why.  I have enjoyed all of Jessica's books that I have read so far.  She is a local author that I have gotten to know a little and I shouldn't be surprised by her talent.  Her personality comes right through her books.  This wonderful book is about a magical castle and the royal family who inhabits it.  When the King and Queen go to the Wizarding College to watch their oldest son graduate, their carriage is set upon by bandits.  They are presumed dead.  The three children (Rolf, Lilah, and Celie) they left at home have to use all their wits and bravery to defend the throne from an evil prince from another land who is set on taking over the kingdom.  Despite his wishes, it is the castle who chooses the king, and Castle Glower is not a fan of Prince Khelsh.  This magical tale is full of fun and adventure.  The children must fight for their very lives and band together with the castle to try to get rid of the unwanted residents.  I just loved the characters.  I can't wait to get to know them better in the next books.  Such a fun series so far.  I highly recommend this for anyone eight and up.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment