Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dinosaurs Love Underpants

3618343I've been in a bit of a reading slump.  The last few books I've read haven't been worth sharing.  So instead, I am going to share a favorite picture book with you, Dinosaurs Love Underpants.  It is an adorable book.  I love the illustrations, the rhythm, and the humor.  It is what you could consider an alternate theory on how and why the dinosaurs died out.  It all started when the cavemen grew embarrassed about being naked and made themselves some underwear.  When the dinosaurs saw their new attire, they immediately wanted them too.  The problem was, once they procured them from the cavemen, they started fighting over them with each other.  Thus began the "Mighty Underpants War."  When the dust settled, the dinosaurs had all killed each other off, leaving the cavemen to carry on the tradition of the undergarments.  We are reminded at the end of the book to remember that underwear saved mankind so we should treat them with care.  I just think this book is wonderful.  The pictures are vibrant and descriptive.  The story engaging and entertaining.  I think it is a brilliant telling of how the dinosaurs faded into extinction.  I believe it.  After all, the perfect pair of underwear is worth fighting for.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment