Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday Talk: Pinkalicious



In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, today I am going to talk about a book that celebrates all things pink.  Pinkalicious, by Victoria Kann, is a cute picture book about a little girl, like many little girls, who loves pink.  On a rainy day she makes pink cupcakes with her mother.  Unfortunately, one is not enough for her.  When she can't stop eating them, she actually turns pink herself.  What more could a pink lover want than to be pink all over?  But, maybe being pink isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I wish I could say she learns her lesson about sneaking more cupcakes.  This is a fun and silly little book that has become a favorite in my house.  If you have little girls or just like the color pink, I recommend giving this book a shot.  There are different colored sequels (purple, gold, silver, emerald), but I would stick with the original.  In my opinion the others just fall short.  Happy reading.

1 comment: