Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday Talk: Better off Friends

17228280A book I recently read and enjoyed a lot more than I expected was Better off Friends, by Elizabeth Eulberg.  Since finishing it, I have checked out a few of her earlier books from the library to see if they are also good.  I'll let you know what I think.  This book was 100% right up my alley.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love books that have a romance that springs from friendship.  The kind of relationship that forms during the friendship stage is always enjoyable to me.  In this book, Levi and Macallan were wonderful characters.  They met at the beginning of 7th grade.  Bonding over a mutual love for a quirky BBC TV show, they quickly became best friends.  This was a When Harry Met Sally type story for teenagers.  It was told in alternating chapters so you got to hear what both characters are thinking and feeling.  In between the chapters there are snippets of banter between the present tense Levi and Macallan, mostly responding to the previous chapter/story told about their past.  Those little narrations between the stories were lots of fun.  This was a fun love story with all the fun of falling in love but without the sex and language that a lot of books think they have to include.  Like I said, my kind of book exactly.  I highly recommend it.  The characters kept me very entertained.  I loved "watching" them grow up.  It was a fun, light read that I thoroughly enjoyed curling up with.  I think you will too (if this is your kind of book).  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment