Friday, May 16, 2014

Veronica Mars

18209454The Thousand Dollar Tan Line is hardly the best mystery book out there, but if you are a fan of the television show and movie, you will enjoy it.  It picks up a month of so after the movie, so if you haven't seen that yet, wait to read this.  Just as in any based on a TV show book series, there is that missing element the actors bring to the characters.  No matter how well a character is written, it will never capture what the actor is able to bring to it on screen.  That said, I'm glad Veronica's story hasn't ended.  I don't know for sure how many books this series is planned for, but Veronica's new life is just starting.  There is a lot of potential there.  It was fun to have old characters make appearances, as well as new characters added in.  I'm curious to see what will become of the sheriff's department.  It will probably always be the Mars family taking on the actual crime, as the sheriff and his deputies pander to the rich.  This book had what the TV series had, in that Veronica is snarky and rash.  She continues to put herself in danger, running into situations without the proper backup.  It is her against the world, which continuously backfires.  I was glad to see Mac and Wallace in this book.  I always loved them.  Hopefully we will see even more of them in the future.  This book definitely gave us a little of most of our favorite characters.  I hope we will get more in other volumes.  I'd like to see more of my favorites that were barely in this book.  I liked how Veronica had to face her past.  It really gave her the opportunity to show that she has grown up a lot.  She also had to really decide if the life she chose is really the life she wants, if it is really a life she can handle.  By the end of the book I felt like I had watched a story arc play out over a couple episodes and wished it had been a new season on TV instead of in print.  As a Marshmallow, I will take what I can get.  Here's to a highly anticipated new series!  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment