Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tuesday Talk: Covenant series

1086039996807189761771976177813605727989716413605723
The Covenant series, by Jennifer Armentrout, is one of my favorite discoveries of 2013.  A friend recommended them to me and I loved them.  The first book reminded me a lot of the Vampire Academy series.  Although this series deals with Greek gods/mythology instead of vampires, it is very similar in the initial set up.  So much so, that I wasn't sure I would continue on after the first book.  If you feel the same way, keep reading the series and I promise you won't regret it.  The similarities are still there, but the series start to definitely separate themselves in each further volume.  So, if you are a fan of the Vampire Academy series, you will definitely like this series as well.  I think this series is better.  It follows Alex, a Half-Blood girl who doesn't like the rules governing her kind.  Training to be warrior, because being a servant/slave is hardly appealing to her, Alex fights for survival at every step of the way.  Her life is not the only thing at stake.  Her freedom is also on the line.  War is brewing and who she is and what she is capable of might just be the deciding factor.  Her decisions and actions will decide the fate of the world.  The books have a group of fun and interesting characters.  Alongside Alex is Aiden, the forbidden Pure Blood she is in love with.  There is Seth, her other half whose trustworthiness is always in question.  Overall, I love the characters, the action, the danger, and the romance.  Once I got into the series, I didn't want to stop reading.  These are definitely page-turners that will keep you engrossed until the bitter end.  If this type of book is at all up your alley, I definitely recommend giving the Covenant series a try.  Happy reading! (and Happy New Year).

No comments:

Post a Comment