Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Talk: Love Splat

4531717One of my favorite Valentine's picture book or all time is Love, Splat by Rob Scotton.  I've mentioned this series before in my Picture Book Series Everyone Should Read post, but today I want to focus on this wonderful holiday themed edition.  It is just so cute.  Shy, unassuming Splat has his first crush.  But, every time he is around Kitten, she pokes him in the belly and ties his tale in a knot.  He is too tongue tied to say much to her.  He makes a special card for her, but then is too afraid to give it to her.  Especially, since his nemesis and often bully Spike also is after Kitten.  Little does Splat know, Kitten might just have a crush on him as well.  This book is just adorable.  It makes me remember the hope and fear of Valentine's Day whenever I had a little crush in grade school.  Definitely pick up a copy of this fun book.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment